Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Hotel building work ruins holidays


I seem to be writing about hotels a lot lately, but when I book a holiday I assume that the travel agent or tour operator is up-to-date with any planned building work in my hotel and I would not be happy if I walked into the middle of a building site.

Consumer concerns

Today, I received an email from a reader who found out online that the hotel he is staying in next month is being renovated. He has contacted the hotel and they have confirmed that there is building work in progress but it will not affect his stay.

He contacted the travel agent who he has booked through and they have told him that no work is being carried out at the hotel and that if this changes they will advise him prior to his holiday and look at what other options he has.

Hidden agenda

The hotel will not want to lose bookings, so, are they being truthful about the impact the building work will have. The travel agent does not seem to want to find out the extent of the hotel building work. I think they should be more pro-active.

Help the consumer

So, my question to anyone that can help out is what happens if the travel agency does not receive notification from the hotel and the consumer walks into a building site. Can they claim any compensation, or should the agent be liaising properly?

0 nhận xét:

Post a Comment